Our monthly meetings are held at the Copeland School, 666 Copeland School Road in East Bradford Township, West Chester, on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 7:00 PM (Please note: Please check the calendar of events to ensure there is a meeting in a given month).
General Directions: Take route 202 to Downingtown/US-322 W exit. Continue for about 2.9 miles to Downingtown Pike/US – 322 and turn right. Go right on Copeland School Road, which is about 500 feet on the right. Follow around and you will come to a stop sign. A park is on the right hand side; the driveway on the left runs by Copeland School; turn left. The parking lot is up and around behind the township building. If there is construction going on, and you are unable to park in the lot, you must park on the other side of Copeland School Road in the park and not outside of the school building.
For specific directions click here or call 610 436-5108.
Events Search and Views Navigation
The Guild will be showing craftwork in all media by our juried members. Booths will be set up inside the Brandywine River Museum Courtyard. Hours are from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM on both Saturday July 22 and Sunday July 23, 2017Find out more »
The meeting will be held at the studio of Stan Smokler in Kennett Square, Pa. Stan Smokler is a steel sculptor and a professor of Art at the Delaware College of Art and Design. Address: 270 Marshall Bridge Road, Kennett SquareFind out more »
The PA Guild of Craftsmen brings handmade to the Chase Center on the Riverfront Wilmington: The largest premier fine craft market in the Brandywine Valley returns for its 10th year. The Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen will host more than 100 skilled artisans at the Chase Center on the Riverfront, July 29 & 30. This indoor shopping experience boasts a unique array of beautiful items that are all handmade in America, ranging from one-of-a-kind clothing, jewelry, ceramics, glass, sculpture, artisan…Find out more »
Saturday August 12, 2017 Play Day and Pot Luck lunch August Meeting will be working with small glass projects at Carol's Moore Custom Glass Works in Honey Brook, Pa. August 12, 2017 from 11AM-4PM. It will be a day of working with glass, sharing food and interacting with other members of the guild. Address is: Moore Custom Art Glass, 167 Leary Road, Honey Brook, Pa. 19344. Closest major intersection is Rts. 340 and 10. Event choices: Design and Sandblast an…Find out more »
Review 2017 and ideas for 2018. Discuss possible CCCG Craft Show in 2018.Find out more »
Philadelphia Guild of Handweavers; Road Trip. Lyn McKay will give a wool spinning demonstration. Details and directions will be published here in September.Find out more »
Workshop; critter ornament making. Details will be available in September.Find out more »
The December Meeting will be the Annual Members Dinner. This year the dinner will be held at The Four Dogs Tavern, Marshallton Inn. Details: The Four Dogs Tavern is located at 1300 west Strasburg Road, West Chester, Pa. 19382. Currently we have about 24 people attending the holiday party. Let Joan Nelson know if you will be attending. Joan can be reached at her email: Joannelson3378@gmail.com. We ask that the members bring a small handmade gift to exchange. If you…Find out more »
Previously Held Chapter Events
* Annual Crafts In The Courtyard at The Brandywine River Museum
* Pennsylvania Guild Of Craftsman Annual Fine Craft Fair held at The Chase Riverfront Center; chapter booth
* Paula Lewis, VP Standards at Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsman; Master Artisan Process Review
* Chris Raymond demonstration; guitar making
* Bob Antonishak demonstration; pen turning on lathe
* “Critters Tree Decorations” outreach project to the Avon Grove Church
* Lynn McKay spinning demonstration
* Chase Center Show
* Stan Smokler demonstration at his sculpture studio.
* Nell Hazinski demonstration of Nerikomi decoration for ceramics
* Gallery Show “Word Craft” Poets/Artists Outreach Project
* Professor Andrew Snyder of West Chester University provides a demonstration on making ceramic decals on a desk top printer.
* Discuss Booth Display options
- Pot Luck Dinner with discussion.
- Bus Tour of the Grounds for Sculpture in Hamilton, NJ.
- Janet Kofoed demonstration on etching with copper and silver.
- Christmas Dinner at Buca Restaurant, Exton, Pa.
- Pam Horstmann demonstration on felt landscapes.
- Group Meeting at Tuscarora Lapidary Society for demonstration of Intarsia.
- John Traino, CMT, demonstration on massage techniques to relieve chronic pain from repetitive motion activities.
- Bus Tour of The Center for Art in Wood and Fabric Workshop. Philadelphia, Pa.
- Demonstration by Linda Beiler on Wheat Weaving and Straw Art.
- Tour of a facility that does 3D printing
- Explanation of the history and process of making Nantucket Baskets
- Tour of Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsman headquarters in Lancaster, PA
- Mosaic demonstration by Amy Bruckner
- Demonstration and discussion on “Square” – a merchant credit card system for smart phones
- Tour of Fonthill Castle and Tile-works in Doylestown
- Soapmaking demonstration by Liana Bauerle
- Christmas Parties at various venues
- Ornament making for charity tree
- Tour of Jim Stevens’ Windsor Chair Workshop
- Tour of sculpture garden at Jenkins Arboretum and picnic
- Hands-on Photography workshop with Tim Knight
- Presentation by Jan and Gary Fulton on how to successfully sell at your booth
- Ceramic painting at United Sports
- Tour of Cara Graver’s Cob Studio (clay studio made of clay)
- Philadelphia Mural Arts tour
- Tour of Wyeths’ Studio and Brandywine River Museum
- Tour of Chanticleer Gardens
- Tour of Wharton Esherick’s Home and Studio
Previous Guest Speakers
- Wayne Stratz – Social Media
- State Jurying
- Jim Lawson – Photographing artwork