Our monthly meetings are held at the Copeland School, 666 Copeland School Road in East Bradford Township, West Chester, on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 7:00 PM (Please note: Please check the calendar of events to ensure there is a meeting in a given month).
General Directions: Take route 202 to Downingtown/US-322 W exit. Continue for about 2.9 miles to Downingtown Pike/US – 322 and turn right. Go right on Copeland School Road, which is about 500 feet on the right. Follow around and you will come to a stop sign. A park is on the right hand side; the driveway on the left runs by Copeland School; turn left. The parking lot is up and around behind the township building. If there is construction going on, and you are unable to park in the lot, you must park on the other side of Copeland School Road in the park and not outside of the school building.
For specific directions click here or call 610 436-5108.
Events Search and Views Navigation
Saturday August 12, 2017 Play Day and Pot Luck lunch August Meeting will be working with small glass projects at Carol's Moore Custom Glass Works in Honey Brook, Pa. August 12, 2017 from 11AM-4PM. It will be a day of working with glass, sharing food and interacting with other members of the guild. Address is: Moore Custom Art Glass, 167 Leary Road, Honey Brook, Pa. 19344. Closest major intersection is Rts. 340 and 10. Event choices: Design and Sandblast an…Find out more »
Review 2017 and ideas for 2018. Discuss possible CCCG Craft Show in 2018.Find out more »
Philadelphia Guild of Handweavers; Road Trip. Lyn McKay will give a wool spinning demonstration. Details and directions will be published here in September.Find out more »
Workshop; critter ornament making. Details will be available in September.Find out more »
The December Meeting will be the Annual Members Dinner. This year the dinner will be held at The Four Dogs Tavern, Marshallton Inn. Details: The Four Dogs Tavern is located at 1300 west Strasburg Road, West Chester, Pa. 19382. Currently we have about 24 people attending the holiday party. Let Joan Nelson know if you will be attending. Joan can be reached at her email: Joannelson3378@gmail.com. We ask that the members bring a small handmade gift to exchange. If you…Find out more »
The meeting will include a "Show & Tell" of members new works as well as a 2018 planning discussion.Find out more »
This months meeting will be held at Bob Antonishak's studio. Attendees will learn about making custom pens. Details will follow.Find out more »
"Tips and handmade tools for your craft". Bring specialty items made for your craft to share with other members. Perhaps other members have not seen these items before or thought about using these items working in their craft. Prior to the meeting there will be a Chapter Jurying Session for new members. The session will begin at 6:00 PM. If you will be submitting items for Juried status please arrive at 5:45 to allow for set up time. The meeting…Find out more »
This months meeting will be a demonstration by Chris Raymond on his process of making wood guitars. Every guitar is built 100% handmade using the finest hardwoods and parts. Each instument is one-of-a-kind with unique customized features. The demonstration will begin at 7:00.Find out more »
Previously Held Chapter Events
* Chester County Craft Guild Winter Fine Crafts Show, held on December 1 & 2, 2018 at Ludwigs Corner Fire Hall
* Annual Crafts In The Courtyard at The Brandywine River Museum
* Pennsylvania Guild Of Craftsman Annual Fine Craft Fair held at The Chase Riverfront Center; chapter booth
* Paula Lewis, VP Standards at Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsman; Master Artisan Process Review
* Chris Raymond demonstration; guitar making
* Bob Antonishak demonstration; pen turning on lathe
* “Critters Tree Decorations” outreach project to the Avon Grove Church
* Lynn McKay spinning demonstration
* Chase Center Show
* Stan Smokler demonstration at his sculpture studio.
* Nell Hazinski demonstration of Nerikomi decoration for ceramics
* Gallery Show “Word Craft” Poets/Artists Outreach Project
* Professor Andrew Snyder of West Chester University provides a demonstration on making ceramic decals on a desk top printer.
* Discuss Booth Display options
- Pot Luck Dinner with discussion.
- Bus Tour of the Grounds for Sculpture in Hamilton, NJ.
- Janet Kofoed demonstration on etching with copper and silver.
- Christmas Dinner at Buca Restaurant, Exton, Pa.
- Pam Horstmann demonstration on felt landscapes.
- Group Meeting at Tuscarora Lapidary Society for demonstration of Intarsia.
- John Traino, CMT, demonstration on massage techniques to relieve chronic pain from repetitive motion activities.
- Bus Tour of The Center for Art in Wood and Fabric Workshop. Philadelphia, Pa.
- Demonstration by Linda Beiler on Wheat Weaving and Straw Art.
- Tour of a facility that does 3D printing
- Explanation of the history and process of making Nantucket Baskets
- Tour of Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsman headquarters in Lancaster, PA
- Mosaic demonstration by Amy Bruckner
- Demonstration and discussion on “Square” – a merchant credit card system for smart phones
- Tour of Fonthill Castle and Tile-works in Doylestown
- Soapmaking demonstration by Liana Bauerle
- Christmas Parties at various venues
- Ornament making for charity tree
- Tour of Jim Stevens’ Windsor Chair Workshop
- Tour of sculpture garden at Jenkins Arboretum and picnic
- Hands-on Photography workshop with Tim Knight
- Presentation by Jan and Gary Fulton on how to successfully sell at your booth
- Ceramic painting at United Sports
- Tour of Cara Graver’s Cob Studio (clay studio made of clay)
- Philadelphia Mural Arts tour
- Tour of Wyeths’ Studio and Brandywine River Museum
- Tour of Chanticleer Gardens
- Tour of Wharton Esherick’s Home and Studio
Previous Guest Speakers
- Wayne Stratz – Social Media
- State Jurying
- Jim Lawson – Photographing artwork