Our monthly meetings are held at the Copeland School, 666 Copeland School Road in East Bradford Township, West Chester, on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 7:00 PM (Please note: Please check the calendar of events to ensure there is a meeting in a given month).
General Directions: Take route 202 to Downingtown/US-322 W exit. Continue for about 2.9 miles to Downingtown Pike/US – 322 and turn right. Go right on Copeland School Road, which is about 500 feet on the right. Follow around and you will come to a stop sign. A park is on the right hand side; the driveway on the left runs by Copeland School; turn left. The parking lot is up and around behind the township building. If there is construction going on, and you are unable to park in the lot, you must park on the other side of Copeland School Road in the park and not outside of the school building.
For specific directions click here or call 610 436-5108.
Events Search and Views Navigation
This months meeting will be held at Bob Antonishak's studio. Attendees will learn about making custom pens. Details will follow.Find out more »
"Tips and handmade tools for your craft". Bring specialty items made for your craft to share with other members. Perhaps other members have not seen these items before or thought about using these items working in their craft. Prior to the meeting there will be a Chapter Jurying Session for new members. The session will begin at 6:00 PM. If you will be submitting items for Juried status please arrive at 5:45 to allow for set up time. The meeting…Find out more »
This months meeting will be a demonstration by Chris Raymond on his process of making wood guitars. Every guitar is built 100% handmade using the finest hardwoods and parts. Each instument is one-of-a-kind with unique customized features. The demonstration will begin at 7:00.Find out more »
This months meeting will be held at the Copeland School location. This months presenter will be Paula Lewis, VP Standards, from The Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsman. She will speak about the Master Artisan status-the process and benefits. There will be a question and answer section.Find out more »
Jim Lawson will present photography techniques for use in preparing items for jury shots, websites, etc. The meeting will be held at the Copeland School location.Find out more »
The Chester County Craft Guild will have a Chapter Booth at this year's Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsman Show to be held on July 28 & 29 at the Chase Riverfront Center in Wilmington, Delaware. Twelve members will be displaying their work. The Chase Show hours are Saturday 7/28 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM and Sunday 7/29 from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM. The Chase Riverfront Center is located at 915 Justin Street, Wilmington, Delaware 19801Find out more »
The Chester County Craft Guild will hold the annual Brandywine River Museum Show on August 11 & 12, 2018. Nine Chapter Members will be participating. The show is held in the Courtyard of the Brandywine River Museum. Admission to the courtyard is free. The Brandywine River Museum is located at 1 Hoffman's Mill Road, Chadds Ford, Pa. 19317. More info at www.brandywine.org Show hours are from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM both Saturday August 11 and Sunday August 12.Find out more »
There will be no meeting of the Chester county Craft Guild this month.Find out more »
This month's meeting will be a Pot-Luck Dinner. There will be a discussion about the chapter's Winter Fine Craft Show to be held on December 1st & 2nd, 2018.Find out more »
October Meeting "GET NOTICED" Agenda: Introductions Social Media Discussion: "Why and how to use social media for your work." Lindsey Williams Facebook account Instagram account Discussion about upcoming shows December 1-2, 2018 Ludwigs Corner Show March 2019 West Chester Arts Association Gallery April 2019 Ludwigs Corner Show November 2019 West Chester Arts Association Show General discussionFind out more »
Previously Held Chapter Events
* Annual Crafts In The Courtyard at The Brandywine River Museum
* Pennsylvania Guild Of Craftsman Annual Fine Craft Fair held at The Chase Riverfront Center; chapter booth
* Paula Lewis, VP Standards at Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsman; Master Artisan Process Review
* Chris Raymond demonstration; guitar making
* Bob Antonishak demonstration; pen turning on lathe
* “Critters Tree Decorations” outreach project to the Avon Grove Church
* Lynn McKay spinning demonstration
* Chase Center Show
* Stan Smokler demonstration at his sculpture studio.
* Nell Hazinski demonstration of Nerikomi decoration for ceramics
* Gallery Show “Word Craft” Poets/Artists Outreach Project
* Professor Andrew Snyder of West Chester University provides a demonstration on making ceramic decals on a desk top printer.
* Discuss Booth Display options
- Pot Luck Dinner with discussion.
- Bus Tour of the Grounds for Sculpture in Hamilton, NJ.
- Janet Kofoed demonstration on etching with copper and silver.
- Christmas Dinner at Buca Restaurant, Exton, Pa.
- Pam Horstmann demonstration on felt landscapes.
- Group Meeting at Tuscarora Lapidary Society for demonstration of Intarsia.
- John Traino, CMT, demonstration on massage techniques to relieve chronic pain from repetitive motion activities.
- Bus Tour of The Center for Art in Wood and Fabric Workshop. Philadelphia, Pa.
- Demonstration by Linda Beiler on Wheat Weaving and Straw Art.
- Tour of a facility that does 3D printing
- Explanation of the history and process of making Nantucket Baskets
- Tour of Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsman headquarters in Lancaster, PA
- Mosaic demonstration by Amy Bruckner
- Demonstration and discussion on “Square” – a merchant credit card system for smart phones
- Tour of Fonthill Castle and Tile-works in Doylestown
- Soapmaking demonstration by Liana Bauerle
- Christmas Parties at various venues
- Ornament making for charity tree
- Tour of Jim Stevens’ Windsor Chair Workshop
- Tour of sculpture garden at Jenkins Arboretum and picnic
- Hands-on Photography workshop with Tim Knight
- Presentation by Jan and Gary Fulton on how to successfully sell at your booth
- Ceramic painting at United Sports
- Tour of Cara Graver’s Cob Studio (clay studio made of clay)
- Philadelphia Mural Arts tour
- Tour of Wyeths’ Studio and Brandywine River Museum
- Tour of Chanticleer Gardens
- Tour of Wharton Esherick’s Home and Studio
Previous Guest Speakers
- Wayne Stratz – Social Media
- State Jurying
- Jim Lawson – Photographing artwork