Our monthly meetings are held at the Copeland School, 666 Copeland School Road in East Bradford Township, West Chester, on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 7:00 PM (Please note: Please check the calendar of events to ensure there is a meeting in a given month).
General Directions: Take route 202 to Downingtown/US-322 W exit. Continue for about 2.9 miles to Downingtown Pike/US – 322 and turn right. Go right on Copeland School Road, which is about 500 feet on the right. Follow around and you will come to a stop sign. A park is on the right hand side; the driveway on the left runs by Copeland School; turn left. The parking lot is up and around behind the township building. If there is construction going on, and you are unable to park in the lot, you must park on the other side of Copeland School Road in the park and not outside of the school building.
For specific directions click here or call 610 436-5108.
Events Search and Views Navigation
The Annual Holiday Dinner will be held. 6:30PM at the Four Dogs Tavern, 1300 W. Strasburg Rd, West Chester LINK Please let Susan Schultz at firstname.lastname@example.org know if you are attending. As in the past, this is pay for your own meal and drinks. We will do a Pollyanna gift exchange. Spouse or significant others are welcome.Find out more »
There will be no meeting in January 2019.Find out more »
Due to the anticipated snow and ice on Monday 2/11 and Tuesday 2/12, the February Meeting is cancelled. Review 2018 accomplishments and opportunities. Review 2019 upcoming events and goals. Demonstration on Mask Making by Andrea Barrier. This demo will be rescheduled.Find out more »
The Chester County Art Association has invited members of the Chester County Craft Guild to submit items for their Gallery Show. We are awaiting final details and application forms. Members will be contacted when more info is available.Find out more »
Decorating Eggs in Eastern European Ethnic Style. A demonstration and workshop in the method of decorating eggs with wax resist and colors will be held on Sunday March 10, 2019 at the home of Bob Antonishak. Materials will be provided. The demo will be held from 2:00 PM until 5:00 PM. Bob's address is: 108 Lockerbie Lane, West Chester, Pa. 19382 This demo/workshop will replace the normal meeting for March, so there will be no meeting held on March 12,…Find out more »
There will be a discussion of the upcoming Show at Sugartown Village. There will then be a discussion art galleries, led by Karen Cavin and Michelle Guida . Karen and Michelle are the owner/operators of "The 5 Senses" , a business in West Chester that specializes in the sale of North American Functional Art, Gifts and Cards.Find out more »
To celebrate the 75th Anniversary of the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsman, the Bucks County and Chester County chapters will host a show in Historic Sugartown Village in Malvern, Pa. This will be a one day show to be held on May 4, 2019. Final details are contained within the Artisan Application. Sugartown Village 2019 Artisan ApplicationFind out more »
Andrea Barrier will lead a make & take workshop on mask making.Find out more »
PGC will host a social event open to the public at Landis Valley Village and Farm Museum on Thursday, June 6, 2019 in celebration of the PGC 75th AnniversaryFind out more »
This months meeting will be held at the studio of Ki Crittendon on Sunday June 9, 2019 beginning at 2:00 PM. Ki makes original, unique pottery and ceramic art. She is a Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsman and Chester County Craft Guild member. Directions and additional details too follow.Find out more »
Previously Held Chapter Events
*Joint Chapter Show with Bucks County Chapter to celebrate the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsman’s 75th Anniversary. Held on May 4, 2019 at Sugartown Village.
* Chester County Craft Guild Winter Fine Crafts Show, held on December 1 & 2, 2018 at Ludwigs Corner Fire Hall
* Annual Crafts In The Courtyard at The Brandywine River Museum
* Pennsylvania Guild Of Craftsman Annual Fine Craft Fair held at The Chase Riverfront Center; chapter booth
* Paula Lewis, VP Standards at Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsman; Master Artisan Process Review
* Chris Raymond demonstration; guitar making
* Bob Antonishak demonstration; pen turning on lathe
* “Critters Tree Decorations” outreach project to the Avon Grove Church
* Lynn McKay spinning demonstration
* Chase Center Show
* Stan Smokler demonstration at his sculpture studio.
* Nell Hazinski demonstration of Nerikomi decoration for ceramics
* Gallery Show “Word Craft” Poets/Artists Outreach Project
* Professor Andrew Snyder of West Chester University provides a demonstration on making ceramic decals on a desk top printer.
* Discuss Booth Display options
- Pot Luck Dinner with discussion.
- Bus Tour of the Grounds for Sculpture in Hamilton, NJ.
- Janet Kofoed demonstration on etching with copper and silver.
- Christmas Dinner at Buca Restaurant, Exton, Pa.
- Pam Horstmann demonstration on felt landscapes.
- Group Meeting at Tuscarora Lapidary Society for demonstration of Intarsia.
- John Traino, CMT, demonstration on massage techniques to relieve chronic pain from repetitive motion activities.
- Bus Tour of The Center for Art in Wood and Fabric Workshop. Philadelphia, Pa.
- Demonstration by Linda Beiler on Wheat Weaving and Straw Art.
- Tour of a facility that does 3D printing
- Explanation of the history and process of making Nantucket Baskets
- Tour of Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsman headquarters in Lancaster, PA
- Mosaic demonstration by Amy Bruckner
- Demonstration and discussion on “Square” – a merchant credit card system for smart phones
- Tour of Fonthill Castle and Tile-works in Doylestown
- Soapmaking demonstration by Liana Bauerle
- Christmas Parties at various venues
- Ornament making for charity tree
- Tour of Jim Stevens’ Windsor Chair Workshop
- Tour of sculpture garden at Jenkins Arboretum and picnic
- Hands-on Photography workshop with Tim Knight
- Presentation by Jan and Gary Fulton on how to successfully sell at your booth
- Ceramic painting at United Sports
- Tour of Cara Graver’s Cob Studio (clay studio made of clay)
- Philadelphia Mural Arts tour
- Tour of Wyeths’ Studio and Brandywine River Museum
- Tour of Chanticleer Gardens
- Tour of Wharton Esherick’s Home and Studio
Previous Guest Speakers
- Wayne Stratz – Social Media
- State Jurying
- Jim Lawson – Photographing artwork